Some highlights from the survey results:
- An impressive 51 members took the time to respond to the survey.
- LTB Submissions: 62% of applicable respondents felt the deadline of April 1st was good compared to 38% that felt it was too early.
- Locations of LTBs: 69% of respondents do not want a LTB boat at Burrard compared to 28% that do. Members that intend to take an LTB in 2019 like Sidney, Pender Harbour and Campbell River but are not Reed Point or Powell River.
- Projections for 2019: Of the 23 members that took an LTB in 2018, 20 responded to the survey. Of all respondents to the survey, 39 indicated they intend to take an LTB in 2019. We need to prepare for an increase in LTB bookings in 2019.
- Seasonality : 26% of those wanting LTBs indicated they have kids so have to book when school is out. 58% indicated they could be swayed to shoulder season (June, September) with a longer booking while 16% would be interested in a shoulder season booking if it was out of Burrard.
- Why not: Of respondents with sailing permits that did not take an LTB, 22% were new, 19% lacked qualifications, 15% found LTBs don’t fit with their lifestyle, 12% feel the boats are too small and 6% didn’t want to explore from the 2018 locations.
- Switchover day: 1/3 of respondents that intend to take an LTB booking in 2019 are neutral on the switchover day. Another 1/3 would like it to remain the Friday night.